Religious Education at St. Alexander Parish is a religious formation program for children dedicated to inspiring a thorough knowledge of God and the witness of Christian love. We desire to build an understanding of beliefs of the Roman Catholic faith and encourage our children to carry those beliefs out into the world.
St. Alexander supports parents as the primary educators of their children by words and example. Our Religious Education program seeks to nurture and teach our families to live the Catholic faith through a commitment to Catholic traditions and values. Our program also fosters and empowers our students to attain their highest spiritual and creative potential – inspiring all to become informed, caring, and contributing members out into the world. Through the cooperative efforts of parents and catechists, our children strive to grow in their love for God and knowledge of their Catholic faith.
The Religious Education Program is now accepting registrations for the 2019-2020 school year.
- All families must be registered parishioners of St. Alexander.
- All students must have a copy of their Baptismal Certificate on file in the REP office.
- Those receiving their Sacraments must have completed at least two consecutive years of Religious Education immediately prior to making their Sacrament.
- Monday classes meet grades 1st thru 5th from 4:30 p.m. until 6:00 p.m.
- Jr High grades 6th thru 8th meet from 6:30 p.m. until 8:00 p.m.
- Tuesday grades 1st thru 8th attend from 4:30 p.m. until 6:00 p.m.
Tuition for the 2019-2020 school year is as follows:
- One child $275.00
- Two children $375.00
- Three or more children $475.00
There is a $25.00 book and material fee for each child.
Sacramental Fees are First Holy Communion $40.00 and Confirmation $60.00. The fee covers the cost of special books and materials and the Confirmation Retreat.
You may stop by the Religious Education Office to register. The summer hours are 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Please contact Nancy Cook at 708-448-6624 or email@example.com with any questions.