School Advisory Council
The Saint Alexander School Advisory Council is an organization comprised of parents, members of the parish community, pastor and principal. The council acts in an advisory role to the pastor and principal. The Archdiocese of Chicago Office of Catholic Education outlines its responsibilities as:
- To act as the public relations arm f the school.
- To advise and help develop policies that assist St. Alexander School to reach its goals.
- To review and advise on the school budget, tuition rates and other sources of financing.
- To represent parents, guardians, and parishioners through open meetings.
- To participate in evaluation processes as required by the Office of Catholic Schools.
- To collaborate in the implementation and monitoring of the school goals and long-range plan.
- To collaborate in the principal selection process when a vacancy occurs.
School Advisory Council meetings are held at 7:00 p.m. on the fourth Tuesday of the month in the faculty lounge. Parents are welcome to attend.